Joe is a partner in PozmantierWilliams Insurance Consultants, LLC and has over 45 years experience as an insurance agent/broker and consultant. From 1970 until 2007 he was a principal shareholder in a large Houston firm, Wisenberg Insurance + Risk Management, and was its Chairman and CEO until the firm was sold to a subsidiary of Wells Fargo Bank. Joe has particular expertise in property coverage, business interruption, non-subscription and risk transfer techniques. He provides expert consulting on bad faith, customs and practices, and standards of care of an agent. He is experienced in agency valuation, and relations between agencies and companies. During the past several years Joe has been a media contact for radio, television and news publications as an authoritative source of information about various insurance and risk management topics.
He was one of the youngest people ever to receive the CPCU professional designation at the age of 23.
Joe has taught numerous seminars on Business Insurance at the University of Houston. He is a lecturer and seminar leader on various insurance topics.
Joe received his Bachelor of Science degree from Lamar University in 1968 and his MBA from the University of Houston in 1973.
Professional Association Memberships (Past and Present)
- Independent Insurance Agents of America
- Independent Insurance Agents of Texas
- Independent Insurance Agents of Houston
- Society of Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriters
- Forensic Expert Witness Association
Civic and Community Association Memberships
- Emery/Weiner School, Board Member
- AIPAC, Board Member
- Jewish Federation of Greater Houston, Past President
- United Jewish Campaign, Past Chairman
- Congregation Emanuel, Past President
- United Jewish Communities, Past Board Member
- Lamar University Endowment, Board Member
Past Recognitions/ Activities
- Recipient, Max H. Nathan Award, American Jewish Committee
- Young Leadership Award- Jewish Federation of Houston
- Bond of Faith Award – Israel Bonds
- Recipient, Congregant of the Year Award 1994 – Congregation Emanuel
- National Chairman – Home Insurance Advisory Council
- President – Houston Urban Bunch (United Way Agency)
- National Director – Intersure
- Chairman – Parks & Recreation Board, City of West University, Texas
- Area Chairman, Regional Chairman, and National Executive Committee – Young Leadership Cabinet of United Jewish Appeal (UJA)
- Participant, Wexner Heritage Foundation Leadership Program
- Alumni Counsel Member, Wexner Heritage Foundation
- General Agent, Property and Casualty
- General Agent, Life and Health
- Risk Manager
- Surplus Lines Agent
I graduated from college (SDSU) with a business major and a minor degree in insurance, and then worked for about 7 years as an insurance agent until I started St. Ives Laboratories in 1973. In my 30 plus years in business I have never ever once worked with an insurance agent/ advisor that has the knowledge and common sense approach that Joe Williams does. He is a pro in every sense of the word and such a kind gentlemen. As far as I am concerned I will always use Pozmantier-Williams for all of my insurance advice (then I can sleep well at night knowing my insurance policies are correct and I’m properly covered). It’s nice to know that “Joe has my back”.