Irving has been in the insurance industry for almost 50 years and has been an insurance and risk management consultant since 1992. Previously, he was the principal owner of a large, privately owned insurance agency. Irving’s expertise is utilized by clients in areas such as business interruption and custom designed coverages for complex property and casualty exposures, with special emphasis on risk transfer and risk financing alternatives, including captive insurance companies. Irving also has a unique ability to assist the parties in achieving settlements in complicated large property insurance losses.
Irving earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in English with honors from the University of Texas. He has taught seminars on business insurance for the University of Houston, at other locations, and at Lloyds of London. He holds national certification as Associate in Risk Management and licenses as a risk manager and adjuster. Irving is also very active in community and religious organizations.
His experiences as an insurance agent, insurance company officer, owner and manager of captive insurance companies and consultant enable him to devise appropriate and effective insurance solutions.
Current/ Former Professional Memberships
- Captive Insurance Companies Association (CICA)-Current Member
- International Insurance Society- Current Member
- Insurance Companies- Officer or Director
- CART Captive Assurance Company, Inc.-President
- Delta Insurance Group- Advisory Committee
- Memorial City Bank – Board Member
Civic and Community Association Memberships
- Jewish Federation of Greater Houston- Past President, Board Member
- Houston Jewish Communtiy Foundation- Honorary Board Member
- Congregation Beth Yeshurun- Past President, Board Member
- American Associates of Ben- Gurion University- Board Member
- Hillel Foundation of Houston-Board Member
- Jewish Family Service- Past Board Member
- Vita-Living, Inc.- Past Chairman
- Vita-Living Foundation, Board Member
- AIPAC-Advisory Council
- American Jewish Committee- Member
- B’nai B’rith- Member
- AMIT- Life Member
- Hasassah Associates- Life Member
Past Recognition/ Activities
- Hatan Torah and Ner Tamid Awards, Congregation Beth Yesurun
- Leadership Award, State of Israel Bonds
- Chesed Award, Jewish Family Service
- David H. White Award, Jewish Community Center
- Max H. Nathan Human Relations Award, American Jewish Committee
For almost twenty years I was privileged to head three major insurance brokerage operations (Sanders & Sullivan, Corroon & Black and Aon); during that time I was fortunate to meet and become friends with some of the very best people in the insurance industry, and to have the opportunity to serve on many insurance companies’ national advisory boards. One individual clearly stood out among all those outstanding leaders………….Irving Pozmantier. I have met few people in my life who bring such a level of knowledge, understanding, commitment and innovative thinking to the table……….over the years I have revered Irving as a mentor.